Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Shelf of Lewisness.

A while ago, (I cannot recall exactly when it was) I mentioned that I would bloggify a photo of the specific area of my bookshelves devoted to the work of C.S. Lewis.
Here is the picture.
I’ve scaled it down considerably to fit on this page, and some detail is thereby lost, but every book is written by Lewis or else is written about Lewis.

And I have pretty much read them all, several times over, in most cases. I even have a few more, which do not fit on the shelf... you could say that my apartment is rather generously littered with Lewisness.
The little framed picture next to the Narnias is a neat little conversation starter.
“Oh, is this your grandfather?”
“Yes, in a way I suppose you could say that he is....”

Then, from there, I launch into a soliloquy of what C.S. Lewis means to me.


COMING SOON: A retrospective of all of the Starbucks artwork, adorning my walls.
*********

3 comments:

Cipriano said...

Ahh... a fellow Lewisite!
Welcome!
Thank you for your comment, and I agree with you. Would that more people discover this amazing writer, of whom Tolkien is known to have said "Ahh, Lewis. There is no getting to the bottom of him."
I think that my own favorite work, of all the many things Lewis wrote, may well be The Great Divorce.
A great man, who, on Tuesday, turns a mere 107 years young!
I mean, what's that in Narnian time? Twelve minutes?

Anonymous said...

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." C.S. Lewis I love my tea, but if he had said coffee it would have been THE perfect quote!

Cipriano said...

Cleo, I love that Lewis quote.
I agree, though. What was he thinking? Coffee is the thing!
Elixir of the gods!

Today is Jack's birthday!
[And I don't mean my cat!]