Thursday, July 20, 2006

More Time! More Time, Please!

But no one answers that request.
It is impossible to have "MORE TIME".
No one gets, "more time".... do they?
I want more time. If it is possible to get some, I want some.
Been overworked, and there is no two ways about it.
See, here's the scoop.
The place where I work was.... umm... it caught fire, basically. And the nature of the beast is that, because of all kinds of reasons that I cannot mention here, the employees sort of have to be intrinsically involved in FIXING the ensuing mess. While maintaining the normal work flow of our business.
Unlike, say... a WalMart. Where, if fire breaks out in Men's Wear, those who work in Women's Hosiery are probably not going to be called upon to help wring out men's underwear, soaked by sprinklerheads down yonder!
Right?
But alas.... I do not work at WalMart.

What am I really saying here?
That I've got soaked underwear?
No.
Just that I have not had the time I would like to devote to the discussion of literature.
So please be patient with me. I will be back one day.
Well.... wait a minute.
I go on vacation next week. So..... maybe it will be a while before I get back to normal here.
[Was there ever a "normal'?]
Point taken!

I must say though, I have had occasion to read two great books, as of late. One being Matthew Pearl's [2006] The Poe Shadow, and the other [finished it tonight] Peter Carey's [2003] My Life As A Fake.
Both excellent works.
I will speak of them both, here, soon.
Have faith.

All the best to you.
-- Cip
********

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hang in there! I hope you are doing some fun on your vacation and have lots of good reading material!

Cipriano said...

Thank you, Stefanie.
I just started [what is shaping up to be] a real good book tonight. Zadie Smith's On Beauty.
I wish I had a job where all I had to do was umm... read books and drink coffee and write poetry and pretty much just blogulate myself all day!