Thursday, July 27, 2006

Totally chillin'...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
[Sound of me not working!]
I am only one day into my vacation time, and believe me, I am loving it. So far the weather is great, here on Vancouver Island.
More specifically, I am in Nanaimo, shown in picture.
So far... hmmm... what have I done? Well, a lot of visiting with my family, some coffee-drinking [Starbucks, of course. Fresh-ground beans. You know, I am still waiting for someone to invent a cologne called "Starbucks-Man"!]
I sat around on the deck this morning, sipping java and reading a great book. Zadie Smith's On Beauty.
Just lounging.
Yesterday though, I actually did do some work. Work that will lead to play!
I helped my brother-in-law install a wakeboard-pulling apparatus to the boat, [not an easy task] so that as early as today or tomorrow we can all commence trying to kill ourselves on wakeboards. For those who may need a visual on this, here are some pics of other people trying to kill themselves wakeboarding.
Just dropping by to tell you all that I am really into this "not working" thing!
*********

4 comments:

mattviews said...

Hey Cip I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation, looks like it's a break from the madness blaze at your work! :)

Vancouver Island has been such distant memory to me. I was there in 1997--took BC Ferry to Victoria then drove around the island.

Cipriano said...

Yes Matt, the Island is just awesome. Yesterday we were out on the ocean, zipping around this archipelago of scattered islands and we saw seals and otters and bald eagles... really really gorgeous landscape. And the air is so fresh and clean. Makes me want to move back here [I used to live here!]
The best to you.
-- Cip

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I hope you enjoy the holidays. Your blog reminds me of our little trip to Victoria.

Sept. 21st, Bell Centre.... Good Lord!

Trev

Cipriano said...

Thank you ranty. Sincerely, you are the best. Don't worry about the pukage, just leave it there.
Poor Jack. PUKE means he misses me!
[Quit filling his water dish with beer, maybe?]