Saturday, August 05, 2006

Vacation Winding Down...

Well, it sure has been a glorious week of frivolity, here on Vancouver Island.
[<-- I know, I know. I should look into the Jenny Craig program, right?]
But soon it will all be over. I've only got two more days left of it, and then it will be back to the drudgery of actual work.

Alarm clocks.
Eegads! I shudder at the reality of it all.

We've been having such a great time boating, wakeboarding, tubing, floating, snorkeling, eating, drinking, staying up late, sleeping in late... stuff like that.
Just a couple of days ago we spent an afternoon zipping about along Gabriola Island, looking at the bald eagles and the cormorants, breathing tons of fresh air. Taking it all in. Basking in sunshine. Making waves.
Then, when going through an inlet known as Dodds Narrows, we happened upon these two seals that you see here. A mother and a pup. [Could be a father I guess, it is hard to tell, huh?]

Aren't they cute?
As soon as I saw them I knew that I had to share them with you.
We floated right up to them and they were not concerned in the least.
Maybe they thought we were cute?
********

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Looks like you're having a great time. Returning from vacations always stinks. and the seals are very cute.

Anonymous said...

Glad your vacation has been fun and restful. Hope your first day back at the salt mine wasn't too horrid.

Cipriano said...

Anomie:
Should I seriously cancel my liposuction appointment?

I can't believe I have to go to work this morning!
But I do.
I must.
-- Cip