Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's Just Wrong!

I consider myself to be a progressive thinker.
The only thing "Stone Age" about me is that I work like a Neanderthal all day, at my job!
Aside from that, hey... I'm changing with the times.
I'm as hip as the next guy!
I know that my readers here at Bookpuddle are the same. We're a savvy bunch.
And yet, I feel that I must speak out about a disturbing trend I am seeing in the world of books.
Children's books, to be specific.
I'm all for pushing the envelope, but seriously, I think things in this genre are getting a bit racy.
Quite frankly, if I were apparent, I mean -- a PARENT, I'd be worried.
Have you seen some of the new titles out there, for kids?
It's just wrong, I'm sorry!
If you want an example of what I'm talking about, have a look at
--> THIS.
*********

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I'm appalled! ;)

kingmonkey said...

How will children learn the valuable, possibly life-saving techniques of properly selecting a hooker, if we don't teach them early? Talk to your kids. f you don't, who will? Who will?