Sunday, January 24, 2010

Richlerania












I just finished a terrific book tonight.
Wow. I'm not kidding, it was truly grand! Absolutely wonderful!
St. Urbain's Horseman, by Mordecai Richler.
I would write a proper review, but at this point of the evening I'm afraid it would be the fourth or fifth Old Milwaukee talking, so I am going to re... [buuuuuuuurp] refrain.
However, I am still sober enough to scan my bookshelves here at The Bookpuddle Library and see that I have amassed a fair amount of -- Richlerania...... over the years.
All of them gleaned from used book sales hither and yon, overall cheapskate that I am.
So, I've got a lot of terrific reading ahead of me, if my liver holds out!
So far I have only read the top two in the photo. Horseman and Duddy.

His daughter is quite the authoress also.
Emma Richler.
Oh, yes! There are more books to acquire, after I get through the above pile!

*******

No comments: