Saturday, December 04, 2010

XLVII

From time to time, I write a boring blog.
[Actually, you do it quite frequently, Cipriano!]
Oh, shush!
This one is going to be even more boringer than usual.
Truth is, I haven't been doing much.
And I like it that way!
I ain't complaining.
The biggest news is that today is my birthday.
I am now officially 47 years old.
Or, as the Romans might say XLVII.
My friend is visiting me and we've been having a real terrific time doing nothing for the past couple of days. Took the day off work yesterday. I'm chilling out.
Renewing my Inner Lazybones.
Living in the "Now" a la Eckhart Tolle!
Today, in honor of 47 years of existence I bought myself a gift. A new backpack.
For a while now I've been researching backpacks, my old faithful Targus one giving up the ghost -- it's all tattered, and the zippers were failing to…….. zip, etc. It's bad enough that a lot of my clothes are in the same state of dilapidation!
So today, after a marvelous breakfast at Richtree, we sauntered in to the Apple store and purchased the best laptop backpack in the universe. My friend got one, too.
The brand name is Level 8.
Or as the Romans called it, Level VIII.
[See. I warned you that this blog was going to be extremely boring….]
Seriously though, if you need an impressive laptop backpack, I can confidently guarantee you that you will never find one better than --> THIS.
So, other than ogling this new self-bought birthday gift, I've been sitting around without any pants on, reading an excellent book, drinking Asahi [Japanese] beer and being extremely lazy.
Oh yes, and watching John Mayer's concert DVD, Where The Light Is.
In closing, here is a clip from that concert.
I cannot watch it with being profoundly moved… I mean emotionally moved, at such a display of talent and musical genius.
Listening to this may be the most important IX minutes XLIV seconds of your day!



10 comments:

D.B. said...

Well HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend! Sounds like a good way to spend the day to me. I am one year and one month (11/15/62) ahead of you in age. I don't know about you but..............how did I get this old?! I've never fretted about age before but that 50 thing may be a tough one.

Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we may die.....

Alyce said...

Happy Birthday!

I absolutely love that video of John Mayer and it's my favorite from that concert. Though I haven't seen the whole concert, just the songs that are loaded on YouTube.

I've watched this one many times. Sometimes I'll put it on for background music while I work, but instead I end up mesmerized watching him play his guitar. He really is a genius musician.

Erin in Boston said...

Happy Birthday Cipriano!! Wishes for a joyful coming year. :)

Cipriano said...

Thank you very much for your Birthday greetings and wishes, dear friends.
-- Cip

Isabella K said...

Happy birthday, Cip! I hope the year ahead brings you, and us, even boringer blog posts! Cheers,

Melwyk said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds great -- being lazy and buying oneself presents is always good. I agree with Isabella, the more boringer blog posts the better...you are never reallly boring, you know.

Stefanie said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration. I hope there are many more to come!

May said...

You look younger though.
Happy Birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Long live Cippy the boringer blogger!!
C.

Cipriano said...

Thank you, one and all -- I promise to [barring heart attack and/or any other inhibitive ailment due to grease buildup] deliver another year of life-altering wisdom, wit and humility!