Monday, March 21, 2011

Splash du Jour: Monday

Occasionally, I get a letter from someone who is in 'contact' with extraterrestrials. I am invited to 'ask them anything'. And so over the years I've prepared a little list of questions. The extraterrestrials are very advanced, remember. So I ask things like, 'Please provide a short proof of Fermat's Last Theorem'. Or the Goldbach Conjecture… I never get an answer. On the other hand, if I ask something like 'Should we be good?' I almost always get an answer. Anything vague, especially involving conventional moral judgements, these aliens are extremely happy to respond to. But on anything specific, where there is a chance to find out if they actually know anything beyond what most humans know, there is only silence.
-- Carl Sagan --


Have a great Monday!
*******

2 comments:

BBB said...

God, Sagan used look good in turtle neck. I wish I could pull that off ... no, no wait that's not what I mean.

Cipriano said...

Yeah, this is quite an old picture of him. He does look quite hot, I agree.
[And of course, by "hot" I mean... the temperature inside that sweater, it's got to be "billions and billions" of degrees...]