Saturday, December 10, 2011

'Tis The Season...

















Firstly, in light of the common exigencies of Disclaimer Etiquette I must say that the above photo is in no way endorsed by the fine folks at Alcoholics Anonymous.
This is a reoriented shot of me at last Saturday's work Christmas Party.
I rotated it to the left.
The photographer was much better-positioned than I was at the time.
Anyone who has even an amateur dabbling in physics will know that beer will not angle itself down like that into the gullet, unless there is some sort of internal force driving it stomach-ward, other than gravity alone.
Some sort of funnel-effect.
To get the ACTUAL perspective of the original photo, you, the viewer, will have to tilt your own head to the extreme left side of yourself… basically ear to shoulder, which is not too far from my own cranial latitude, by the end of this night.
This year my gracious employer provided us with taxi chits to get us safely there and back, so the only civilian terrorized on the way home was the driver himself.
If my memory does not fail me on this, my New York strip steak was done to perfection -- but wow, the baked potato to the side of it was not the only thing that was "loaded".

Many thanks to Alyce for hosting this wonderful "Saturday Snapshot" meme.

******

15 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

We had only soft drinks at our party, but it included children. On the other hand, most of us walked there and home. Here's my contribution:
http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/saturday-snapshot-holiday-party.html

Louise said...

Tis the season indeed. I like to stock up on bubbly- perfect for the Aussie summer Christmas- if it ever gets started this year!

Paulita said...

Company parties are back? And with alcohol? I'm going to have to start working again. Here's Mine

Staci said...

Company parties can be fun...glad that it also included a safe ride home!

Trish said...

I like your explanations about gravity lol but it's early morning and I'm drinking my coffee, so I'll have to take your word for it.

Sounds like a fun time was had by all :)

Kaye said...

Your employer was very smart to provide taxi chits. Glad you had a good time.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Hope you and all had a fun time.

Anonymous said...

What a fun post & boy does that beer look good!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I can't remember a lively company party since the 1980s!

Looks like fun!

Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT and
MY WEBSITE

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I'm with Trish here... it is 8:30 in the morning and I am looking at posts with my coffee. :)

Looks like a good time with a safe ride home.

Lisa said...

I like it when the hosts want their guests to have fun, but still be safe. Sounds like a great party.

Here's my snapshot.

Stephen said...

Parties are one of the reasons I love this season more than any! :)

Alyce said...

So nice of your employer! And you looked very spiffy for the party too.

My indulgences tend more toward chocolate and coffee - I'd sure be in trouble if they were disorienting!

Anonymous said...

Company parties can certainly be fun, looks like yours was.

Melwyk said...

I'm very intrigued by the odd physics of that beer...maybe you'll have to test it out again next weekend?? ;)