Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hoping It Works!

It is unusual for me to get a cold, even in the depths of winter. But to get one in mid-April is [I think] unprecedented.
But I sure do have one now. All the same, dutiful boy that I am, I bravely drove off to work this morning but could not endure past lunchtime. I then found myself wandering the aisles of a drugstore in the afternoon, all sniffly and water-eyed, trying to ferret out the best cold remedy meds.

But wow, there are SO MANY KINDS!
I ended up with this Buckley's© stuff and I do hope it works.
I guess I was impressed with the many assuring guarantees on the box!
Fast relief from:
* Mucous and phlegm
* Chest congestion
* Headache
* Aches, pain and fever
* Sinus and nasal congestion
* Soreness and dry throat
* Other snot-related ailments
Yes, I am suffering from all of the above-mentioned symptoms!
This convalescence has at lest allowed me some time to catch up on my tortoise-like passage through a lengthy biography of Victorian-era children's author and illustrator, Beatrix Potter. It's quite a detailed account of a rather fascinating life. Even though I cannot draw worth a fiddler's... fiddle, a recent line or two did have me thinking that Beatrix and I have at least one thing in common:

Predictably, after returning to London, Beatrix fell ill again with a nasty cold. Her illness made her realize that she had to act or the cycle would endlessly repeat itself.
I wish you all a cold-free April! Which is to say, "Don't get too close to me, right now!"
******

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Buckley's is usually a pretty good product as they cover so many "snot-related" symptoms.

Too funny.
C.

Stefanie said...

Hope you feel better soon!