Saturday, June 02, 2012

Drummer in Profile: A Saturday Snapshot

In the very early '80's, I played in a rock band.
Our name was Hellion -- the collective name that best described what we all were, as individuals. Little heedless hellions.
Someone, I know not who, snapped this shot at one of our gigs, and recently our bass player, the guy in the white shirt, displaying his wisp of chest hair and Shania Twain midriff -- sent it to me. It was such a BLAST from the past!
The only one of us who went on from there to make an [extremely] successful career in the music business was the first guy, in the brown shirt -- our sound man.
Sadly, our lead vocalist in the center [striped shirt] is now deceased.
We shall forever miss you, Darce!
Can you guess who I am?
That's right. I'm the young, somewhat muscular girl at the far right. The last guy. The drummer in profile.
Oh, to be so young again! So crazy. So wonderfully idealistic and crazy in the head!
To have so much HAIR!


Thank you Alyce, for hosting this terrific Saturday Snapshot meme @ At Home With Books.
*****

20 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Isn't it funny to look back on our youth and the friends, styles and antics we participated in.

Kaye said...

It's nice to such wonderful memories!

Susan Lindquist said...

Looking back on those days is always a major trip ... the 70's were my 'hellion' years ... wahoo! life was a different kind of fun!

Louise said...

What a great shot it must have wonderful memories for you!

Paulita said...

Everybody needs to be in a rock band when they're young. Glad you got the opportunity. And that hair! Here's Mine

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Eighties bands, along with the trademark hairstyles, feel very nostalgic to me now.

Last night, my granddaughter and I were watching 80s movies on DVD...until the power went out. That's a whole other story.

Thanks for sharing the history of the Hellions....

Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Unknown said...

No problem to guess it was the 80's! Great pic!
My snap: http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com

BurtonReview said...

What were you drinking with that cigarette? ie. What to longhaired rockers drink from the 80's...
Somehow it doesn't look like a beer, but seeing as I was probably 10-14 in the pic, I wasn't quite savvy on the beer selections.
What a great pic to get back to you~ what memories!
And RIP to Darce. So sad.
I do have to say I laughed out loud truly when I saw the white shirt open like that. ;)

Here is my shot.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Love the picture! You all look sort of exactly alike, except for the guy right next to you! But you win on the hair length....

Cheryl @ Tales of the Marvelous said...

What a wonderful picture of friends just hanging out--candids usually don't work, but once in a while they're perfect. Thanks for sharing all the fun history!

Alyce said...

What a great photo! Definitely early 80s with all the mustaches. :)

Anonymous said...

That was high fructose apple juice with the cigarette. The good stuff.

Christine Harding said...

My husband was (and is) in a local folk band, and they all have a total disregard for fashion - on the whole they still look scuffy and hippyish, but they have a lot less hair than they did! My Saturday snapshots were taken in a witchy wood.. http://chriscross-thebooktrunk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/witches-woods-and-saturday-snapshots.html

Nise' said...

It is Definitely the 80s. Unforutnatly, my brother still thinks we are there! LOL

Bev Hankins said...

What a great shot! Glad you had the chance to be in a band--probably had a lot of good times!

Here's my Snapshot.

Irene said...

Great look back. Happy Weekend.

Eva @View from the Hillside said...

Fun picture. And I'm glad you explained who everyone is.

Bookzilla said...

What a group! You look like you were having fun. :)

Cipriano said...

Thank you all for visiting my blog, and walking down memory lane with me and the Hellions.
-- Cip

Anonymous said...

According to the keyboard player from the less than known rock group Feedonbail, you were no Steve Negus, but your meter was fair. Hey, paradiddles don't practice themselves.