Monday, July 16, 2012

Wherein He Hits 3,000

<-- Holy frigging cow!
This blog-posting for me is a bit of a milestone.

It is # 3,000!
Representing eight years-plus, of blogging here on Bookpuddle!
One of the things that I have enjoyed most about blogging, has been meeting so many friends in this Blogosphere.
Some I have even met in person [you know who you are, how could you forget me, right?]
I feel as though [perhaps I am delusional] I have assembled around me a little coterie of faithful readers -- and I really appreciate all of you that continue to tune in here, getting little Splash du Jour© fixes, and the semi-retarded book reviews and fully-psychotic musings upon life.
Here is a test.
A prerequisite for knowing if you… yes you, are a Bookpuddle-ite©.
What is my cat's name?
If you do not know the answer to this question -- well, I look forward to getting to know you better.
Here's another one [this is a bit hard-core]….. Where do I go pretty much every single day after sweating it out at work?
Hint? [They sell real good coffee there, and their logo has a mermaid on it!]
Thank you all for reading my blog. I mean that sincerely.
And now, here is yet a third question?
What is my true calling in life?
That's a bit tough, and so I am going to answer this for you.
>> Musician <<
I am a drummer/vocalist.
I used to play in a rock band [if you know the name of this band…. wow, you really have learned a lot here on Bookpuddle, here's another hint…. the first syllable of the one-word name is the "opposite of heaven"]… but I gave up that vocation to become a Christian minister. As in, yes, preaching the Bible.
Nowadays, I am a full-fledged heretic. One of those people we sometimes describe as having "lost their faith." A subscriber to the magazine Free Inquiry.
But -- don't cry for me, Argentina.
I'm OK. It's just that I've seen a bit of a different "light" -- after seeing the first one. You can read a bit about it on my other page, called Godpuddle.
Perhaps some of you have also checked out my dabbling in the realm of poetry, on Poetrypuddle.
Blogging, and writing in general, is a lot of fun for me, and when it becomes otherwise -- I will be gone.
But for now -- here's to the next 3,000 blog postings!
I want to leave you with a song that has been tormenting me [in a good way] all day today at work. I sang it over and over [in my mind, and also out loud] about forty times. We used to perform this song, an oldie from the [glorious] '80's, in my band. And listening to it again, along with you -- ahh, it brings back a lot of good memories.
Girl On The "Moooooo"n, by Foreigner.
Keep blogging, friends. I'm reading you. And thank you for reading me.


5 comments:

Isabella K said...

Congratulations! On the postings, on the heresy, the coffee, everything. I'm looking forward to the next 3000.

Stefanie said...

Congrats on post 3,000! I hope there will be at least another 300,000 posts to come. And as for your true calling, the first thing that popped into my mind was Hamburglar and after that Burger King, but you can claim musician if you want to since it is your blog ;)

Alyce said...

Congratulations on 3000! I definitely wouldn't have known the band name, but it seems I've been paying pretty good attention on the other subjects. :) Have you ever posted clips of your musical skills?

Cipriano said...

Thank you, dear friends.
Stefanie -- you have successfully revealed my pseudo-persona..... Hamburglar!

Alyce -- here is the only ACTUAL footage of me in action:
http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=17890

Anonymous said...

3000! And 8 years! Wow, well done ... congrats.