Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Eagerly Anticipated...

Every so often you hear of a new book by a favourite author and you have to say "Oh my God!" or whatever other phrase might apply to your own personal exclamation of impending joy. I think I said something profound like "Holy Moly" last night when I found out that Donna Tartt will have a new novel released somewhere around September or October of this year. I've read her other two novels and loved them so much, especially her first one, The Secret History.
So I'm really looking forward to nabbing The Goldfinch off the bookstore shelf as soon as it's available. One blurb describes it as "a haunted odyssey through present-day America. It is a story of loss and obsession, survival and self-invention, and the enormous power of art."
She's an exquisite, quality-over-quantity author I feel I can trust.
Three books in what… a quarter of a century?
Donna Tartt takes her time to produce literature that is definitely worth the wait.
I love how she put it in an interview: "William Styron said, when he was about my age, that he realized he had about five books in him, and that was OK. I think I have about the same number. Five."
All I know is, however many she writes, I will be buying them!
*****

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I'm looking forward to this one too!