Tuesday, October 01, 2013

A Message About Massages

Well, as some of you know, I am now over a week into a two-week holiday. It's been great. But for the past couple of days I have felt physically terrible. It's been difficult to breathe, which isn't all that fun. And I was on a remote Island for a couple of days, so -- I just kept hoping it would all go away. But then this morning back on the mainland I awoke and just felt even worse, and had a major headache. 
My niece Sarah asked me if I thought a massage would help. I was very skeptical that any amount of massaging would be able to make me feel better -- but I agreed to lay down on the floor and she began to knead the daylights out of my back. And she is just a little pipsqueak.
Wow -- she found about three major points around my right shoulder blade that were definitely in need of severe manipulation. It was a mixture of relaxation and painfulness.
All I know is that when I got up off the floor my headache was gone, and all the pain in my chest… ALL OF IT… was gone. So I have become quite a believer in massage therapy, as of today!

*****

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Massage is the best way for the pain relief. It is very good for the old injuries pain too.


Regards,
Float Tank Massage

Alyce said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Sarah!
And more still, yay for you Cippy! Proof that you can teach an old dog a new trick, right?!!
C.

Anonymous said...

I hope you find a good massage therapist.. a professional one!! :)
-baba (pipsqueak)

Cipriano said...

No professional could be as effective as you, baba.
Pipsqueak!