Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Splash du Jour: Tuesday

Spoon River

Our equivalent of a clock, we agreed
When the wick of this candle is done
we will head out.

Sputtering in a pool of wax, we watched
Waited. Breath-baited.
Then… poof.

The moon complied, clouds clearing.
Clang of the screen door as we ran
undressing.

I flung myself from the pier, looking back.
You hung everything on the notch of a tree
diving in.

So many things in life are disconnected.
Some never seem to come together.
I swept my arms underwater --

Just as they met my thighs, I reached yours
in the shallows of Spoon River.
Kissed them, laced under the shining stars.

-- © Ciprianowords, Inc. 2014 --


Have a great Tuesday!
*****

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me dream of summer. So nice.
C.

Cipriano said...

Thank you, C.