Friday, March 10, 2006

Splash du Jour: Friday

"Take most people, they're crazy about cars. They worry if they get a little scratch on them, and they're always talking about how many miles they get to a gallon, and if they get a brand-new car already they start thinking about trading it in for one that's even newer. I don't even like old cars. I mean they don't even interest me. I'd rather have a goddam horse. A horse is at least human, for God's sake."
-- Holden Caulfield, in Ch.17 of J.D. Salinger’s “The Catcher In The Rye”

Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

SFP said...

And that's why I love Holden Caulfield!

(And if you really want to see people go crazy over their stupid car, let a cat walk across it and leave dainty little pawprints. They wash off!)

Cipriano said...

Holden ROCKS, Susan.
Isn't he a real hoot, and all?
He kills me!

Here is one of my favorite Holdenisms:

Anyway, I'm sort of glad they've got the atomic bomb invented. If there's ever another war, I'm going to sit right the hell on top of it. I'll volunteer for it, I swear to God I will.