Sunday, April 30, 2006

My 1st Blogiversary!

Exactly a year ago today, I was out with The Ents.
The Ents are three friends of mine, and we get together every month or so for coffee and critical conversation. Basic discussions concerning the state of the world. We call ourselves The Ents [a la Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings] because well… we all look like trees.
No, moreso, because The Ents [as you know] were so dangity wise!
Our meetings are thence called Entmoots, as were theirs, in the story.

At the end of one of these Entmoots, one of the Ents [he goes by the name of Cold Molasses] mentioned the phenomenon of blogs.
At the time I thought maybe he was just barking up some sap [as can happen]. “Blog – blog – blog.”
I was just about to slap him on the back, but he raised a branch and deterred me.
Honest to God, I had never heard the word “blog” before that moment.
So he explained it, and my eyes went wide! My leaves shook!
Me: “You mean I can have my own basic sort of webpage in minutes? And for free?”
He: “Yep!”
And right then and there he began creating one for me, on a laptop.
He was at the creation stage, asking me what I wanted to call it, and I was like, “Whoa whoa whoa…. let’s not rush things. I need a good name. A good name.”
I was excited as three bags of kittens.

While driving home that night I thought of a name.
Bookpuddle.
And I quickly wrote the tentative-infantile blog, shown here.

That was exactly a year ago, today.
Since then I have submitted 522 postings, and have had nearly 12,000 hits on the puddle.
And it’s been real fun. A really great outlet for me, and I have met so many great people as a result of being a part of the blog-world.
So today I say, in all sincerity…. thank you for reading me!

Happy 1st Blogiversary to me!

If you are so inclined, you can click on the following link and actually hear me continue to yak about my blog-rationale. --> Why Do I Blog?

**************

6 comments:

Stefanie said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Do your Entmoots last as long as the Tolkein Entmoots do? ;)

Thanks for blogging. Looking forward to another year of books and Jack and pigeon crap :)

Rebecca H. said...

Congrats!!!

Cold Molasses said...

Happy Blogiversary! Glad to have been part of getting it started. The world (well at least 12000 instances of a group's world) will never be the same again.

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

One blog year already? You don't look a day over three months! Happy Blog B-day to you, Bookpuddle! You are a much appreciated shining star in this delightful never-ending conversation, otherwise known as 'the blogosphere'. I am blessed to have found you, learned from you, laughed with you and even sometimes at you (heh). Your humour, wit, curiosity, honesty and depth are a great inspiration.

Here's to another year of splashing around in everything!

(Oh, and your padcast was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Great voice!)

Cipriano said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments and good wishes.
Really. I mean it.
Many many more happy bloggings to all of us!
-- C

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st...you never fail to enlighten, inspire or at least provide food for thought. I look forward to your blogs every day. Keep up the great work@