Saturday, April 14, 2007

Capture The Dream!

DISCLAIMER:
I should preface this blog-posting by reminding everyone that I was dropped on my head as a baby.
Today I went to a matinee.
I haven’t done that since…. well, I can’t even remember when. But I met up with my friend downtown, and into the theatre we went.
We wanted to check out the new Will Ferrell / Jon Heder movie, Blades of Glory.

WELL!
Funny?
Seriously now… I’m a bit ashamed to admit this but I PEED MY PANTS!

[Then the movie started!]

And I laughed till I cried.
[The above scene also reminded me... I'm due for a prostate exam!]
My friend and I were in hysterics, from the start to the end. Literally, I was in tears.
Mind you, I am, and have always been, a big fan of Will Ferrell.
I’m sick like that!
Plus I was dropped on my head as a baby.
I will not belabor this blog area with a synopsis of the movie… you can find out all about it HERE.
Better than Anchorman or Taladega Nights.
On the [Dropped-On-Your-Head-As-A-Baby] Laughmeter© , Bookpuddle rates Blades of Glory a solid:
*****

3 comments:

Beth said...

Well, I could use a laugh but I'm not too keen on peeing my pants (or wearing Depends to a movie theatre).

I've actually already laughed just seeing the ad clips for this movie.

I was never dropped on my head as a baby (that I know of) but I'll go with your recommendation.

Cipriano said...

But how do you KNOW that you were not dropped on your head as a baby! Right?
It's not the kind of thing your mom is going to exactly TELL you!
"Hey Beth. Darling. Sit down dear. OK, so it was real icy out one day... and you were just three days old..."
NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
Like, I had to find out through medical records, and I'm not kidding.

Literalicious said...

I had to laugh just reading your post about this movie. It's on my list to see because for some reason I just love those "so stupid it's silly" kind of things once in a while.

Now I'll definitely have to drag my better half off to the cinema!