Friday, August 24, 2007

I Wrote A Poem


Marooned

Having thoroughly rejected society

I assure you, I’ll be fine. But

I’ll need my PowerBook G4.


Fly over me in a plane now and then.

Drop down fresh novels. And

My Harpers.

A microwave would be nice. And

A generator, I guess. Satellite phone.
Batteries. Salt.

Coffee [Turkish-ground], honey, pickles.

Binoculars, a skillet, a pot. And

Matches by the carton.

Deodorant, mayonnaise… My God!
Beer!

An axe, three blankets and a gun.

A flashlight.

Cayenne pepper and Tylenol. Pizza?

I assure you. I’ll be fine.

Wait, one more thing. You know

Those little sausage deals?
Wrapped in dough?


© Ciprianowords Inc. 2007

_____________________
For those of you interested in reading more of my original poems, there are some recent postings, on my poetry page Poetrypuddle!
Cheers!

************

6 comments:

Beth said...

You don't need much, do you?
If this poem is about you, there's no way you can live without your Starbucks.

(Good poem!)

BookGal said...

LOL .. especially the ending!

Cipriano said...

Thank you for reading me.
Yes, Beth... it sort of IS about me, majorly!
I like to think I can live without society, but when it comes right down to it, I am as "wrapped up" in the experience of SOCIETY/CULTURE as those sausages, wrapped in dough!
I need constant replenishment, right down to the pickles, so to say!

Bookgal, nice to meet you. Thank you for reading.
And LOL-ing at me!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this poem. Gawd you are so funny.

I notice you didn't mention women at all in this poem. So does that mean you can live without them? Is coffee more important to you than the fairer sex?

Hmmmmm...let's all ponder this for a while...

Anonymous said...

Ah, the simple life! ;) Loved the poem!

Cipriano said...

Patricia. Yes, a very profound question.
Coffee <--> Women.
I conclude that there is no conclusion. These two "items" are the best two things in the whole world.

Thank you for imagining maroonment with me, Stefanie.