Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Splash du Jour: Wednesday

What dreadful hot weather we have!
It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance.
-- Jane Austen –

Well put, Ms. Austen!
Here’s how I would say it, though…“If August is as hot as July was, I’m going to DIE! And then kill myself!
Seriously though, let me tell you a crazy thing I do at work every day. As you know from my previous correspondences, there is no air-conditioning at my place of tortu….. I mean, employment. So, I bring a few extra shirts, and keep them in the refrigerator. No, I am not kidding. In the freezer department!
Every hour or so I whip on a new shirt. The icy goodness lasts only a few minutes, but hey, ask Hitler! Any momentary reprieve from eternal incineration is worth whatever the hell you’ve got to do, to get it!
And I concur!
Heil!

Have a great Wednesday, y’all!
***********

6 comments:

[Guilherme] said...

Well, Ciprio,
I think we could swap positions then.
Here at Brazil the weather is dismally cold. We´re midwinter and we´ve broken some records on low temperatures.
(and there are no fireplace or something suitbale for this occasion in my place of tort... i mean, employment).

Anonymous said...

We have some cool summer here, and the culprit is the fog that lingers around the coast. Maybe you need another vacation, come this way! :)

Cipriano said...

Luis, thank you for dropping by.
Cold in Brazil.
Hot in Canada.

This does not make sense! What would Al Gore say?
OUR CLIMATE IS ASKEW!

Matt, I'd love to visit S.F. and go to that funky restaurant [I forget the name] where you always go!

Sam said...

What's the temp up there, Cip? Until this week, Houston has been unseasonably cool but we're hitting the mid-nineties now with high humidity so it feels like home again. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sick and tired of the heat and of course the humidity makes it even more disgusting. Usually in the summer the library is cold and I need a sweatshirt, but this summer they are doing construction, which means a lot fo the time the air handlers are turned off. My office has been close to 90 some days. It's pretty sad when you are perspiring and you aren't even moving...

Anonymous said...

I love that you freeze your back-up shirts. You are soooo cool, baby! Heh.

If it's any consolation, I work at home, and we don't have air conditioning, and I am dying!! If I wasn't so self-conscious, I'd work in the nude!