Monday, September 03, 2007

Splash du Jour: Monday

There is no such thing as a unique scientific vision, any more than there is a unique poetic vision. Science is a mosaic of partial and conflicting visions. But there is one common element in these visions.
The common element is rebellion against the restrictions imposed by the locally prevailing culture, Western or Eastern as the case may be.

-- Freeman Dyson –

I am well aware that the image of my cat, Jack, has absolutely nothing to do with the quote from Freeman Dyson. However, Jack is so cute, I could not resist!
If you at all disagree with me that my cat is the cutest cat in the history of the world, I must reject you as my friend!
Sincerely,
-- Cip


Have a great Monday!
**********

5 comments:

Beth said...

I want you as a friend.
Jack is the cutest cat in the history of the world.

(that was not easy, coming from a dog lover....)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry.

But as an agent of justice and seeker of truth, I cannot let you get by with this post, unchallenged, cipriano.

I am a faithful reader of Bookpuddle and find it to be generally fair-minded and unbiased commentary.

But...really! Really! I say! I must object.

I was not born yesterday, cipriano: Please turn to: the second photo...Sunday, April 15, 2007.

Jack is handsome as all get out. No argument there.

But must we not all admit that there is significant difference between cute (and especially "the cutest cat in the world") and a cat who poses with dignified regal bearing?

Let us use language appropriately here and honor the cat kingdom as befits them.

A former friend....

Cipriano said...

Thank you Beth, I am relaying your praise to Jack.... by way of some intense ear-rubbing!

And Soph, you are exactly right. How could I forget about that fine, handsome babe-magnet named RP.
Regal bearing, indeed!
And BTW... I still want you for my friend.

Anonymous said...

Jack is certainly a lovely cat. As Soph says, very handsome and regal looking. So you will forgive me when I say my kittens are the cutest ever ;)

Cipriano said...

Right, Stefanie... I forgot about Waldo and Dickens. They are cuties alright!