Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year, SHMEEP Year!

Can someone, anyone out there, please tell me how it can already be the month of March?
No, seriously, though. In a matter of hours, it will be MARCH!
March?
What the hell happened to February?
Am I going senile? Did I sleep through January or something?
Even with the extra day here, the 29th, I’m sorry, but something seems mightily askew!
Why does it feel like I was just back home not so long ago, for Christmas?
Is this just a classic symptom of old age?
Is the rest of this year going to be just as fleeting?
According to Robert Frost… perhaps…. perhaps it is!

The sun was warm but the wind was chill,

You know how it is with an April day,


When the sun is out and the wind is still,


You're one month on in the middle of May.


But if you so much as dare to speak,


A cloud comes over the sunlit arch,


A wind comes off a frozen peak,


And you're two months back in the middle of March.


OK, so he was talking about temperature fluctuation there, I admit, but my totally unrelated point is this, soon it will be April, and May, and then Christmas!
So the deal is this, folks.
Get a hold of some books.
A big STACK of ‘em. Try to beat the system.
Leap through many lives, this March.
Redeem the time.
Read something this March, that you have always wanted to read.

*************

7 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Grabbing a big stack of books and reading is exactly what I need to do! Happy March!

Have fun at the movies!

Beth said...

April, May...Christmas??? Your brain is functioning in fast-forward gear.
I'm looking forward to summer - and it isn't coming fast enough.
Stacks of books? Always.

Cipriano said...

You girls both have the right idea!
READ!
The unfinishable quest! To read everything worth reading.

Melwyk said...

I love the idea that a big stack of books is a way to beat the system! I'll get right on that.

April said...

Grabbing a big stack of books and actually having the quiet time to read them sounds heavenly! At least more than a couple chapters at a time, lol. January always seemed the slowest month on earth to me, however, this year it flew by in a blink as has Feb! It's insane how quickly time goes by! Just on more reason to treaure each moment of life!

maggie moran said...

Hum? Which stack should I choose? Decisions...decisions...

Anonymous said...

You mean that stack of books that keeps growing and growing? And you want me to clear that stack by the end of the month?

I shall retire to Bedlam...