Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Am I Dreaming?

Well folks, as you all know, I practiclly live at Starbucks. This is no news.
And the other day I told you all about the new Breakfast Sandwiches.
This evening, I was ordering my coffee and I guess I was sort of gazing at those sandwiches again, and so the barista girl asked if I wanted one.
“Yeah, I think so,” I said.
“Which one?” she asked, and so I pointed to the very most sandwich-y one of them all! [I think I also drooled a bit…]
Then she said, “On the house!”

I’m not kidding.
So this is my second FREE Starbucks sandwich!
While the thing was roasting in the Starbucks Hell-Oven©, her and I struck up a little conversation and I found out about yet another new Starbucks innovation!
Listen up!
From now on, whenever you order a coffee and pay for it on the Starbucks Card [as I always do]…. are you ready for this? → → FREE REFILLS!
Umm…. Say again?

For me, a person whose average Starbucks visit lasts a good four or five hours [minimum]… this was the equivalent of telling me that Nicole Kidman just called and said she’s finished with Keith Urban and wants me to move in IMMEDIATELY!
I was stunned. And quite frankly, a bit scared, even.
FREE REFILLS!
No… not just “free refills” but free STARBUCKS refills.
I’m not sure if you are entirely grasping the concept here, but basically the suggestion is that I can sit there and just KEEP DRINKING COFFEE AND NOT PAY FOR IT!

*************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an appropriate little cartoon to include because I was imagining you looking just like that :)