Thursday, November 25, 2010

Signs of Recovery

I refrained from going to a terrific book-reading event tonight.
David Sedaris was at my local Chapters store this evening [the same one Sara Gruen was at a few weeks ago] and I deliberately did not go.
Why?
Because I know I would have bought at least two copies of his most recent book,
squirrel seeks chipmunk.
I have looked through this book several times and it is so exactly the type of thing I would love to read.
It has animals in it!
But, for those of you who have been following closely my November Adventures in the realm of book-acquiring, I have already purchased just under 40 books this month. Umm -- that is
insane!
I can't keep doing this!
I've got to put a lid on this thing!
Tonight is a hopeful sign -- I had the fortitude to flee the temptation.

********

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but think that you picked the wrong time for fortitude...
C.