Thursday, August 11, 2005

Splash du Jour: Thursday

Today's Splash is very simple. It is one word:
"Who?"
This was Madonna's response when asked "How does it feel to be the next Enid Blyton?", apparently ignorant of the author of several hundred children's books including the 'Noddy' series and the Faraway Tree books, and the Famous Five, just to name a few. Madonna had just published her own children's book.
[Who has read it/them?]
Enid Blyton is however making a comeback. In fact her sales never stopped. Ten million books bearing the famous Enid Blyton signature are sold globally every year in more than 40 languages.
When I was a kid, I was hopelessly addicted to Enid Blyton's books. I do not think I read all 700-plus of them, but.... I tried!
Today is Enid Blyton's birthday!
Happy Birthday!

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: