Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Splash du Jour: Tuesday

Ahh... I wish I did not have to go to work so early.
I will miss the landing of the Shuttle, which is already in its descent mode, coming in to Edwards Air Force Base in California....

And with this realization I had returned, and was subject once again to the laws which govern everyday life; for even if those metallic sounds had awakened me to a holiday, rather than an average day, the special, beautiful and sacred aspects of this morning's magic had already passed, engulfed by the waves of time, world and routine once more.
-- Hermann Hesse --
Hermann Hesse died on this day in 1962 in the Swiss village of Montagnola, where he had lived from 1919 until his death in 1962 – so reclusively that he did not leave it even to accept the 1946 Nobel.

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: