Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mr. Waters!


Tonight’s blog will be extremely simple, and to the point.
Today, Sept.6th is Roger Waters' birthday.
In my opinion, Roger Waters is one of the modern world’s greatest musicians, the modern world’s BEST lyricist, and when it comes to artistic creativity, excellence, musical perfection.... precision.... when I think of these words as regards music, I think of Waters.
On Sept.6th, 1943, in Great Bookham, England, Roger Waters took his first look at the world, and he has not stopped looking since. He, along with guitarist David Gilmour, formed the base of the band Pink Floyd.
The best concert DVD I have ever seen in my lifetime is the (2000) Roger Waters DVD entitled “In The Flesh – Live.” I could hear this concert a million times and want to hear it, and see it, the million and FIRST time.
I can only hope that he continues to perform and write, and that one day I might be able to be at a Roger Waters concert.
Speaking of perhaps his most famous and well-known song, “Another Brick In The Wall” Waters said, "...it's not meant to be a blanket condemnation of teachers everywhere, but the bad ones can really do people in -- and there were some at my school who were just incredibly bad and treated the children so badly, just putting them down, putting them down all the time. Never encouraging them to do things, not really trying to interest them in anything, just trying to keep them quiet and still, and crush them into the right shape, so that they would go to the university and do well."
Mr. Waters. Happy Birthday.

“Each small candle.... lights a corner..... of the dark.”

No comments: