Monday, January 16, 2006

I LOVE THE CORRS!

...And I know what you are thinking.
You are thinking that my love is shallow.
That it is based only upon appearances.
You are thinking that I only love The Corrs because of the eye candy feature. [And I must admit... even Jim looks good here!]
Plus, some of you may recall my other declaration of love, which, admittedly yes, seemed to consist of mere fanatical and fantastical lust.
But I have moved on.
I have matured.
The truth is, I really love the music that this amazing family has written and performed over the years.

For those of you who may not be familiar with The Corrs, they are an Irish family, consisting of (as seen here) Sharon, Andrea, Caroline, and Jim. I have watched all of their DVD’s, with the intensity of Copernicus mapping the heavens... and last night I watched their most recent one, entitled All The Way Home, shown here:

It was bittersweet.
Bittersweet.
The DVD package contains 2 CD’s. One is of the Geneva concert from their last tour.
The other is an in-depth documentary, with interviews and footage from the very genesis... the very beginnings of their phenomenal rise from obscure Irish-pub appearances, to packing out the largest arenas in Europe and America. From obscurity to #1 on the charts, worldwide.
Among their biggest hit songs, one would have to mention Breathless, Runaway, perhaps Forgiven, Not Forgotten and most recently, Summer Sunshine.
They are so talented..... ach! It is just crazy!
At any rate, the bittersweetness comes in when, towards the end of the documentary, we learn that this last project of theirs, this last tour of 2004-2005 is perhaps their last altogether. All of the members of The Corrs have other interests that may spell the end of subsequent CD’s and tours.
Andrea is pursuing her love of acting. Sharon and Caroline have both married and become mothers. Jim is now engaged to the vivacious Miss Northern Ireland (Gayle Williamson) and has focussed on piloting helicopters.
I can’t stand it that they are all getting on with their own individual lives!

What the hell am I going to do if The Corrs quit making music?
********

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Possibly go on with it yourself.... or is that just too out there?!?