Monday, January 09, 2006

My Furry Fotogenic Feline!

So last night I’m just sitting around with Jack [my cat] and we’re talking.
More like I was just telling him about this Elaine Pagels book I am reading and he was over on the couch, licking himself.
But then he looked up and said, “I notice that you haven’t posted a picture of me on bookpuddle© for a while. What’s the deal with that?”
I said, “Look Jack. Do you really think that people tune in to my blogpage to see pictures of you?”
“I just think they might.”
“Well, I don’t think so.”
“All I’m saying is it’s been a while, don’t you think?"
I didn’t know what to say. He had a good point.
Then he jumped down onto the floor and sashayed over to his food area, in the kitchen.

I looked over, and just as he was shaking his head back and forth and lowering it to his water dish, I heard him mutter....“It’s always gotta be about you.”

So I feel real bad.
And I urge you to have a look at this recent photo of my life partner.
He was sort of striking a pose, yes.
As he was here, and here, and here, and here.......
********

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly tune in regularly hoping to catch a glimpse of your better half. For what it's worth, my vote is for a regular jack update...C.S. would be proud.

Stefanie said...

Cats always have a way of getting what they want :)

Cipriano said...

They do Stefanie. They really do.

"Anonymous" - When Jack (C.S. Lewis) was a kid he had several pets: a Yorkshire terrier called Tim, a black-and-white mouse called Tommy, and a canary called Peter. According to the best C.S. Lewis biographer [George Sayer] the best he can say of the Lewis family at Little Lea (the name of their house) is that there was "perhaps a cat."
But C.S. did like them, oh yes.
In Letters To An American Lady he said "Yes it is strange that anyone should dislike cats. But cats themselves are the worst offenders in this respect. They very seldom seem to like one another."

Thank you for reading, and for praising my "better half."