Friday, February 10, 2006

Emma

I know, I know, I have gone on and on about Emma Donoghue over the past few weeks. Tonight’s worship-session will be brief, I promise. It’s just that I have recently finished reading her latest novel, Life Mask.
It is very good. If you like historical fiction at all, you should should just go here right now and order this thing. It is so good.
You would think by now that I have something to personally gain or something if you buy Emma Donoghue books, so much have I regaled upon her work!
But no.
I am not her agent.
Just a devoted fan.
In this instance of the book Life Mask, I would say, if you like Edward Rutherfurd’s books, [and I know at least one reader of bookpuddle that is an advanced Rutherfurd groupie] you would like this book.
It is so clever.
So good.

There are only a few authors I would just BUY without even looking at what it was they were writing about.
Emma Donoghue is one of them.

*********

No comments: