Sunday, February 05, 2006

Team Starbucks!

Well I just got back from a Super Bowl get-together with the guys.
We do this every year. Watch the game and eat our own weight in barbequed chicken wings, hosed down with beer.
Only this year, no one really had a favorite team on the field.
So, when I was asked for my opinion of which team I was cheering for, [Pittsburgh or Seattle] I admit, I was stumped.
The more I thought about it, the more I realized I was really just there for the chicken and beer, basically.
But then it hit me.
Isn't my beloved Starbucks© based in Seattle?
Hah!
I had my answer!
Seahawks, all the way.
So I was real excited about that opening field goal. GO STARBUCKS!
But then, oh... so many costly errors by my Hawks, and then that stupendous Ben Roethlisberger pass that brought the Steelers to within feet of the endzone. And then Ben jumping in there on the next play, looking up at the ref with that convincing Will Ferrell-like expression of his.
Then the incredible gadget play of the century.
No looking back.
Well... it was not a good night for TEAM STARBUCKS!

No comments: