Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Few Must-NOT-Reads!

Well, I have had quite a weekend of not being around. Was not even near my computer at all, hence, no erudite and witty blogs to offer the world.
[Dear Bookpuddle: Does this mean that you are assuming that at other times you are erudite and witty? You should really take a poll on that.....!]
Hey!
Try being nice, for a change!
OK, so I have just gotten home, my cat is meowing his head off [at least someone loves me!] and I got to thinking...
[Hey Mildred, get over here.... this should be good...]

You know, so often people go on and on talking about their "Must-Read" List... books on the shelf, or on a pile, or on reserve at the library, waiting their turn to be read?
But no one ever says very much about books they HAVE NO INTENTION OF READING.
And so I thought it might be interesting to show you a few books I have absolutely no intention of ever reading, in my current lifetime....

First, this one.
Now seriously, I love a good sandwich as much as the next guy.... but dancing ones, hmmm. I don't know.
This one is #1 on my Must-NOT-Read list.


Next up is:Admittedly, it is a theory I have long held to be actually true, but.... other books I have read by this Fred Haley guy, they just weren't all that good. So this one is #2 on my list.

Then, there is, the infamous bestseller:

Sure.
That's all I need.
To learn how to cook food that is going to make me go BALD!
Not likely that I want to see this thing under the Christmas tree this year!

So there you have it.
What are some of your "Must-NOT-Reads"?
And yes, I mean... besides Bookpuddle?

*********

5 comments:

Isabella K said...

But it'll make you go SEXY bald! I am SO buying that for someone for Christmas.

Stefanie said...

Why would you not read want to read a book about dancing sandwiches or Satan coming out of the closet? I can understand the cookbook, but really Cip, broaden you reading horizons! ;) I really can't think of any books to top the ones you've listed. You set the bar too high :)

Cipriano said...

isabella:
SEXY bald?
You mean like Salman Rushdie, just below here?

Carl V. Anderson said...

I have a small collection of old noir mysteries with covers by one of my favorite artists, Robert McGinnis, that resemble the flavor of that first book that I will probably never read. Some are actually well thought of stories in the genre but I just can't imagine ever cracking them open.

mattviews said...

Once upon a time I stumbled across these Listmania lists on Amazon and the books people put on their lists c-r-a-c-k m-e u-p!!!!!!!!! That's another reason why I abandoned Amazon!!!! lol :)