Monday, April 09, 2007

Splash du Jour: Monday

"The thing is, it's really hard to be roommates with people if your suitcases are much better than theirs - if yours are really good ones and theirs aren't. You think if they're intelligent and all, the other person, and have a good sense of humor, that they don't give a damn whose suitcases are better, but they do. They really do. It's one of the reasons why I roomed with a stupid bastard like Stradlater. At least his suitcases were as good as mine."
-- Holden Caulfield, ch.15 of Salinger's Catcher In The Rye --

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

Literalicious said...

Can you believe I've never read Catcher in the Rye? I do have pretty decent suitcases, though. :-D

Happy Monday!

Cipriano said...

Oh, dear Literalicious. I encourage you to read everything Salingerian you can get your paws on!
Catcher, Nine Stories, Franny and Zooey.
More, more, more. Read it all!
Read a suitcaseful!

Anonymous said...

It's crazy but true, I have to replace at least one of two suitcases every time I travel over the pond to Asia.