Sunday, December 16, 2007

COMPUTER CRASH

Well, friends!
That which I hath most greatly feared has happened, as I guess it must inevitably happen, now and then.
My computer, my wonderful Mac PowerBook has... committed suicide or something.
Happened just a few minutes ago while I was sitting at Starbucks happily clicking away.
Screen just went gray and then black and all hopes at re-starting are not working. I am only hearing plaintive beeps when I try.
So, I trod on over here to this Internet Cafe, where I currently sit, surrounded by gamers and their six-shooters and space ships and stuff. Lots of noise. Plus it does not smell good!
Through the banks of snow I hath trod, to wish you all a
Merry Christmas and Happy Whatever Else you may be celebrating over the Holiday season!
I may be out of commission for a long while. I have far too busy of a week to be buying new computers, and then I myself go away for holidays. So... simply put, I am very, very sad.
A black-screened, plaintively-beeping computer is never good news.
But I feel especially sad about it right now.
************

8 comments:

Merisi said...

I am so sorry to hear that your computer crashed! I hope there's going to be a Pre-Christmas Miracle.

I had this link for you, wondering whether is was you. ;-)

Good luck!

Cipriano said...

Thank you for the condolences, Merisi. Really, I am devastated. I just came back here to the |Internet cafe to write to a friend... nice to see your comment.
Happy Holidays to you!

Sam said...

Sorry to hear about your crash, Cip. That really sucks.

I've had that happen a couple of times in the last several years and I found myself sort of going into "shock" and staring at the thing like it will just fix itself if I grieve long enough.

I hope it turns out to be some relatively simple problem but, if not, I hope the holidays are good for you. We'll look forward to your return. Good luck.

Beth said...

A Very Merry Christmas to you, Cip.
Hope Santa brings you a new Mac.

(Don't be sad.)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I thought that Macs were eternal...
I won't ask if you backed up your data - in case you haven't, a computer store might extract them from the hard disk.

My laptop n. 2 crashed a few days ago and, although it was old, it was totally unexpected. Tomorrow I'm buying a new one and then we will have three computers in the house that are all less than six months old.

Try not to be too sad.

Stefanie said...

Cip, it sounds like it might be a battery problem. Take it to the Apple Store before you give up on it! I'll bet there is life in it yet!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, Cippy! I hope your Mac can be saved. It's bizarre that it would crash – Macs are relatively crash-free.

Please don't be sad, and please have a wonderful holiday, sweetie!

Cipriano said...

Thank you all for your lovely, considerate comments.
PROBLEM SOLVED, THOUGH.

[See above blog!]

Mac Powerbook? $2,000.00
Little Screwdrivers? $1.00
Mac now working? PRICELESS!