Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Splash du Jour: Tuesday

Keep on rockin’ in the SPIDER world!
Did you hear?
Veteran rock and roller Neil Young got a new species of spider named after him.
Seriously now, I read about this in the lunch room yesterday. An East Carolina University biologist discovered a new species of trapdoor spider and named it Myrmekiaphila neilyoungi.
You can read about it HERE.

Wow!
I was immediately fascinated with the entire concept!
Does this mean that if I can just come up with, for instance, a new breed of cat… like say I open the screen door and let Jack “mingle” with some of the balcony riff-raff that is strutting around out there, that I can have the honor of naming the resulting hybrid after my own favorite rock star?
Is the free world ready for such a mutant beast as the dreaded Pigeoncattus ericclaptoni?

Have a great Tuesday!
And, “keep on rockin’ in the free world!”

************

No comments: