Monday, August 31, 2009

Vacation Time Kicks In

Well, the time has finally come for me to NOT WORK for a little while!
I love it I love it I love it.
Such a rare occasion for me.
In fact, the main reason I am writing this blog right now is just to announce that someone else is working where I'm supposed to be working right now and it's not me because I am HERE, on luscious Vancouver Island totally -- NOT WORKING!
Enjoying a cup of coffee out on the deck with the sun beaming in, and Mt. Baker off to the left of me, as a background. CRAZY GORGEOUS.
Enjoying a really terrific book I started reading on the flight over here. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett.
Seriously now, if you have not read this book, dear Reader-Friend, you must make a point of watching for it.
Pick it up. Trust me, it's wonderful.

Now, on the Bookpuddle-Trivia side of things, I have a question.
Why is it that every time I travel anywhere on a plane, the razor blades miraculously detach themselves from the...... razor-blade holder thing?
I'm not kidding, this has happened so many times that I now know for sure that I am not imagining it.
This time, when I left home and packed my things, I took special note of the fact that my Gillette Mach3 Turbo-style shaver blade was firmly attached to the handle. Clicked in there, ready for use.
But again, as I unpack to use that Mach3 on my barb-wire face, the dang blade is separated from the handle. Free-floating in the nether regions of my...... cosmetics bag!

This is not a joke, I am being 100% serious. I am really wondering if anyone out there has an answer to this dilemma.
Does some sort of airport official root through my suitcase, go into the shave-kit and deliberately un-click the razor blades from their little holster?
If so.... why?

Or does the air pressure from where the bags are stowed do this somehow?

Oh well, I better go now and play with some of the local wildlife.
This little girl here, her name is Zoe [Greek word for "life"].
She's my sister's Yorkshire-Silky Terrier, and she definitely has a lot of life in her.



For a disturbing example of what we [sadistic] Western Canadians consider FAIR PLAY, click
HERE.
********

4 comments:

Beth said...

Enjoy!
No clue as to your recurring razor dilemma...I breeze through airports with nary a thing out of place!

Read that book - loved it.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation. I wish I wasn't where the work is too so I'll live vicariously through you for the week. This means you'll have to send regular reports.
I'm counting on you.

The razor thing is doubtless part of a vast conspiracy against you.
Beware!!!

C.

Stefanie said...

I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing vacation! Be careful you don't make Jack jealous of Zoe though. He might not be vacationing with you, but he knows what's going on.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Cip! Looks like a great spot to live!

As for the razor, I think it has something to do with the combination of flying and all those burgers u eat! :)