Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Current Favorite Song

I listen to talk-radio more than I listen to music radio. The main reason is because I hate repetition. I hate when the latest hits get played right into the ground over the course of a workday. Repitition irks me!
<-- Unless what is being repeated is Nelly Furtado.
Whoa Nelly!
So there is this new song by James Morrison and it's called Broken Strings.
I could listen to this song a million times and still love it because it is just so well-written, well-produced, and [like Nelly] flawlessly put together.
I think it is one of the best duets I have heard in a long long time.
The perfect blend of voices.
This James Morrison guy is fantastic, but I think the song just goes crazy as soon as Nelly gets in there at about 1 minute and 35 seconds. It just takes off from there and pretty much goes into orbit.
Once in a blue moon a song like this comes along and restores my faith in good music.
To hear it for yourself, CLICK on Nelly, above! Turn it up good and loud!
Whoa Nelly!

*********

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I love NPR but if you listen long enough, they do repeat stuff. I am really out of it when it comes to current music and TV shows.

Stefanie said...

I never listen to music radio either because they play the same songs over and over and the commericals! you get two songs follwed by 10 minutes of commercials. Drives me nuts! I've never heard of Nelly Furtado. She's good. And you're right, Nicole should be worried ;)