Sunday, August 15, 2010

Joe Bonamassa

Every so often I have to say something about music, on my blog.
A while ago, my friend Trevor introduced me to
Joe Bonamassa, and I feel compelled to spread the net wider.
Joe Bonamassa is awesome.
He received his first guitar from his father at the age of 4, and by age 7 he was playing Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix tunes note for note.
In 2008, one reviewer said of him:
“In a thousand years, when archeologists dig out Joe Bonamassa’s guitar from the strata of the earth, it will still be smoking… He holds the guitar like a shotgun but what comes out of it is poetry, color, and a story is told in notes.”
Do you like the blues?
Let me answer that in Holden Caulfield style
--> "Who doesn't?"
Do you appreciate gutsy vocals? Terrific guitar work?
Is the Pope Catholic?
Instead of asking a pile of questions that are all answered in "Yes" -- maybe you just need to have a
listen to Joe's studio-video of his song "Stop." That ought to convince you that it's high time you started listening to this lad from Utica.

1 comment:

D.B. said...

Beer, Blues and Bar B Que are my 3 B's, or should I say, my holy trinity! Glad you have found Joe.