Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Poeting?

I believe there are more poets out there than are currently…… poeting!
Many potential writers of poetry [poets?] that have not yet unleashed their inner wildebeest!
Why do I say this?
Because it happened to
ME!
See… if we were talking about writing novels or whatnot, yeah -- here is my opinion --> there are
TOO MANY people trying to do that! And not succeeding. Novel-writing is like.... it's like watching the earlier moments of every season of American Idol! So many people think they sound good. But Simon's right. Most of 'em can't do it.
Few and far between, are true novelists, in our day and age.
But if you can think, breathe, and hold a pen, you can write a "poem".
I just looked the word up in my Mac-supplied dictionary:

Poem --a piece of writing that partakes of the nature of both speech and song that is nearly always rhythmical, usually metaphorical, and often exhibits such formal elements as meter, rhyme, and stanzaic structure.
Poem -- something that arouses strong emotions because of its beauty : you make a poem of riding downhill on your bike.

Let me liberate you, by showing you one of
my poems.
It's called
Wet Leaf and I wrote it about 48 years ago:

Wet Leaf

There was a drop…
There was a drop crystal clear
it clung and would not plop.

c. Ciprianowords Inc., 1952


Some might say that Wet Leaf is not a poem.
But see I would argue that it
is a poem, because I say it is a poem.
It's just me riding a bike downhill.
And
anyone can do that! Even if you don't have LEGS you can do that!
Check out some of my other gravity-induced efforts
--> HERE!
*******

No comments: