Saturday, October 01, 2011

Unraveling The Mystery...

















So I brew some coffee, go out onto the balcony, look down and see this.
Some sort of cryptic scrawling on the baseball circle [no diamonds here] across the street. From my 14th floor vantage point [technically it's the 13th]… but now that I mention "superstition" and all -- yeah, I'm thinking -- this looks a lot like crop circles.
What exactly is this? A message left by aliens during the night?
Or is the answer closer to home? More earthbound?
The efforts of ancient caveman artists finally surfacing after yesterday's torrential rain? Early Cro-Magnon depictions of spermatozoa trying to penetrate a prehistoric ovum?
As I thoughtfully sipped my coffee I decided upon favouring the latter idea.
The Flailing Flagella Theory©.
But seriously. Will we ever know?

******

10 comments:

Alyce said...

My first thought was crop circles too. :)

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Hmmm. That is very odd. Underground rodents? Snakes? Someone with a long stick? Now I want to know the answer.

Christine Rains said...

That is weird. I do wonder what it could have been.

Jill Buck said...

My guess would be kids, sometimes they can seem like aliens!

Beth said...

I’ll admit, your guess is a good one. However, being of a more refined and scientific (ha!) nature, I immediately thought perhaps someone was working on the DNA Double Helix structure. ;)

(Puddles, indeed!)

Irene said...

Well, that is spooky.

gautami tripathy said...

Some kid did that!

:D

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

Bev Hankins said...

Makes me think of snakes slithering across there. But is is odd that they start and stop well into the circle....

I'm running late on posting this week...but I have a really good reason.

http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/10/saturday-snapshot-october-1.html

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That is very very odd indeed. No baseball diamonds? Interesting.

Cipriano said...

Thank you for all of your thoughtful surmisings on the mystery, friends.
I'm thinking maybe Beth is onto something here... the DNA helix.
Or Leslie and Bev -- snakes.
I'm in the process of developing yet another theory now.
Someone walked back and forth across that field with one of those shopping carts that have the wonky wheel on it!