Sunday, June 03, 2012

Dream Come True: A Trifecta Writing Challenge

The weekend is here, nearly gone, actually -- and it's been a cool one.
I mean temperature-wise.
NOT EXACTLY TANNING WEATHER!
Hence, I've stayed inside the apartment, read a great book, and drank copious amounts of coffee and dreamed about winning lotteries.
This weekend's Trifecta Writing Challenge is as follows:
Complete the following story in 33 words:
'It wasn't the first time.'
-- Here's my starry-eyed response:

It wasn't the first time.
Nor even the second. Nearer a thousand and one, give or take. But Cipriano wouldn't select those six numbers on any Lottery ballot ever again. Because this Friday, he won the damn jackpot!


Click on the image of me walking away with the loot to see that this is not exactly "the first time" I have mused upon this topic...
$$$$$

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky guy!

Just Keepin It Real, Folks! said...

Ya gotta play to win baby!! WHOO HOO!!!

Cipriano said...

I once was one number shy of winning $10,000,000.
That's the closest I ever got and had to settle for the $2,000 consolation prize!
Therefore, I've still gotta go to work tomorrow.
And after work -- I'll buy another Lotto ticket!

Celeste Neumann said...

Clever, this one; with a touch of happy-well-wishing envy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking up; sorry for the late comment. I love your description of your weekend almost as much as I love your post. Well, actually, a bit more because that weekend sounds like absolute heaven to me right now. :-) Love the community feel here. Nice job!